By using our services, you agree to this policy.
Paygol may collect your personal information in a number of ways such as:
- End User information passed by you (as a Merchant) to Paygol, when required by our platform in order to be able to properly provide our services.
- Information sent by you (either as an End User or as a Merchant) directly to Paygol through any part of our platform (payment screen, sign-up screen, dashboard, email, etc.).
- Information passed by you (as an End User) to an involved Third Party which then sends it to Paygol (such as, for example, transaction information sent by an external payments provider).
Data collected may include (but is not limited to):
- Email, full name, phone number, country of residence, identification documents (such as driver’s license, national ID and/or passport), banking information, IP address, browser information, operating system information, device information.
- We do not knowingly permit children under the age of 16 to register for a Paygol account.
- We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about users under age 16.
Legal basis for processing data
- In the majority of cases, you have given Paygol consent regarding data collecting and handling.
- The data is necessary in order to properly provide the services being offered.
- The data is necessary in order to properly protect the Merchant, the End User and Paygol in cases of scam or fraud, and to abide by certain legal obligations whether they be regarding tax and law enforcement policies, international customs regulations, etc.
Data may be shared between Merchant, End User, Third Parties and/or Authorities:
- In order to help the Merchant to deliver products/services to the End User.
- In order to help resolve transaction disputes between the Merchant and End User.
- In order to facilitate the payout process.
- In the event that a Third Party requires it in the context of cases of suspected or actual scam or fraud.
- In the event that an Authority requests it.
Uses of the collected data
Data may be used:
- In order to comply with Paygol’s and Third Parties’ policies, and the law.
- To evaluate transaction information.
- To determine the validity of payments.
- To improve the system and payment processing services.
- For statistical purposes.
Retention of collected data
- Data will be stored for an undefined period of time until Paygol can be sure that no harm will come from its deletion (such as, for example, the data being requested by an Authority or Third Party in the future).
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal data.
- Request that we erase your personal data.
- Request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Request to stop receiving non-transactional emails (such as, for example, promotional newsletters).
- To update/change your personal data.
Keep in mind that our dashboard already allows you to take most of these actions yourself (as a Merchant).
Additionally, please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply, or if they pose a risk.
If you have any questions or requests, feel free to contact us at [email protected] or by creating a support ticket.