What is Webpay?
Webpay is an online payment platform operated by Transbank, one of the biggest electronic payment companies in Chile. Webpay enables merchants to receive payments from consumers through the use of credit and debit cards (Redcompra) issued by banks in Chile. It is the most popular online payment system in Chile and it is available for new or established merchants.
The operator of Webpay, Transbank, is considered to be one of the most secure forms of payment compared to other operators in Latin America.
In Chile, the mayority of retail stores have their own credit card and they can be used with Webpay. Therefore, Webpay allows merchants to reach a wider market and increase their earnings.
How does it work?
When consumers makes a purchase or payment using a debit or credit card in Chile via Webpay, the system will require to complete the debit or credit card information in the payment screen, along with the digi-pass combination or security code of the card to accept the payment.
- Real time online processing.
- Allows for larger payments in credit and debit.
- Increase earnings by offering a trusted local payment.
- Target a market with high internet penetration and high card accessibility.
- No registration costs or monthly fees.
- Available for all types of markets / stores.
- Trusted local payment method. No fraud risk.
- Local currency payment.
- Convenient, familiar, and simple process.
- Allows payment with multiple local options.