What is Giropay?
Giropay is the primary German online payment platform that specializes in bank transfers, it supports more than 80% (around 1,500) of the banks in Germany. Giropay enables merchants to receive payments from consumers through the use of credit and debit cards issued by all the major banks in Germany.
Payments through Giropay are real time transactions that are available for account holders of all the major banks in Germany. It is very secure, easy, and familiar for the consumers as it allows them to pay through their own bank.
Adding Giropay as a payment method helps merchants reach shoppers that are familiar with the most widely used internet payment platform in Germany and increase their earnings.
How does it work?
When consumers decide to make a payment using Giropay, they simply choose their preferred bank upon checkout. An online banking window that the consumer is familiar with, will open and they will log in or enter their relevant banking information. They will then authorize the transaction by entering a code that was previously sent via email or token notification. And, once the transaction is authorized, the corresponding amount will be debited from the consumer's bank account and credited to the merchant's account.
- Secure payment processing. Payment screen provided directly by banks.
- Allows for larger payments.
- Increase earnings by offering the fastest payment platform in Germany.
- Target a market with high internet penetration and strong purchasing power.
- No registration costs or monthly fees.
- Available for all types of markets / stores.
- Trusted local payment method.
- Local currency payment.
- Convenient, familiar, and simple process. No extra registration needed.
- No Paygol account needed.